Sunday, April 27, 2008

mmmm mmmmm good....

Thanks to my MIL, I now get the Taste of Home Magazine. I love getting something fun in the mail for a change. I decided to make the Asparagus Frittata. My DH was looking at me like I had four heads. Wellllllllll guess who liked it AND asked for seconds.....OK so he didn't eat the spears on top, I had those for him, I LOVE asparagus, but little did he know that there was chopped up asparagus in the Fritatta as well. He didn't realize that until I told him. I had tons of fun making this. The only thing I am not used to is that you actually put the frying pan in the oven after it has been on the stove top - hmmm, not sure if mine are made for that but tried it and it worked. I will definitely make this one again, it was not hard, however it does have three distinct stages, one, boil asparagus, in frying pan sautee onion, garlic, asparagus etc, add egg let set, then to oven to set the rest of the way.

I showed this to a neighbor whom happened to stop by and she said I should take a picture of it because it was pretty - hehe! For you Taste of Home {r} fans, I also made the Lasagna Roll Ups on the same page and they came out great. I also made scones for the first time in my life and they were so easy. I am loving this magazine, so fun!

A few other notes of interest for those of you whom have been following my blog:

  • the guy on trial for murder was convicted. It took the jury only 90 minutes and the trial was only three days. He is facing 25 years to life in prison.
  • Today I taught a Polymer Clay Class at JoAnns, this coming Wednesday I am teaching a lariat style necklace, Jewelry Two class, for any of you locals whom are interested in learning Jewelry making feel free to join us Wed. night at JoAnns. Also in June I will be teaching two kid camp classes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...