Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Winter Wonderland...



You know you live in Rochester New York when the National Weather Service puts out a message that says "Hazardous Road Conditions" and everyone and their brother gets up the next morning and goes to school and work. (he he) After all we DO live in Rochester people and we are New Yorkers through and through and well hey, we have things we need to do, places we need to be, and things that need to get done. :-) I personally found it ironic that north of the Thruway was supposed to get pounded and I think some areas did, however it was SOUTH of the Thruway where schools were closed this morning and they didn't get as much snow as we did. However it was very windy.
Windshield Wipers: I have been having a problem with my windshield wipers making this horrendous noise, which has been really annoying since I drive a lot for all of my jobs. For 20 minutes at least the wipers were making this loud rubbing on the windshield noise, even when it was wet. Plus they were smearing right in my field of vision - don't you just hate it when that happens! So I literally slid into the parking lot at Auto Zone (in the middle of my busy day I might add) I went in and told the guy my two problems. I also explained that I had bought wipers not that long ago, or so it seemed. So he helped me pick out blades and he helped me pick out different ones than I already had, he suggested the ones that are treated with RAINEX. So I said my husband will kill me if he has to install these tonight (it is a pain in the rear to install these) So, they had someone do it for me and it took him less than two seconds to do it, since they do it all the time. I went out and started my wipers - it was HEAVEN, no more noise and no more smearing in my field of vision. YAHOO! I highly recommend the Rainex wiper blades.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL... that map shows my area to be getting 12-24 by now. It was better here than where you are on my way home this afternoon, and hasn't snowed enough to see any snow on my car since I got home at 2:15 today. MIL was just talking about how bad it's supposed to be and I bit my tongue to prevent saying they hadn't gotten it right yet this week, at least for Ontario.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...