Friday, February 29, 2008

WHOA NELLIE.....

Whoa Nellie, I found myself on Donna Kato's website, Yes a picture of yours truly (me) taken by Donna when I took her class. How COOL is that!!! My jaw was on the floor, I am on her site!!!!! :-) And she remembered my name!!!!! I must of made some kind of impression, hopefully it was a good one and not just the sick germ kind.
What did Cabin Fever Clay Festival do to me???? I know all of my friends that know me are going to look at these pictures and chuckle (normally I am a pretty organized gal). Their jaws will be on the floor!!!! I sometimes avoid going in my studio when it gets like this because I can't work in it. It is not so bad as I spent some time with A. down there tonight cleaning up a bit. A's playroom is that blue wall and I can see across to it which is nice. My husband and I planned that one before we even had kids, smart thinking eh? The only problem I've discovered is when balls like to come flying across and BONK into some of my stuff. Other than that it is all good.



What is on my sewing table??????
As promised these are the heart pot holders that have been on my sewing table. I was trying to get them done for Valentine's Day, but as you can see that didn't happen. There is a very cool insert to these is is special pot holder batting that reflects the heat to the object!!! You can feel it immediately when you put your hand on it. Next step is sewing on the bias tape which I have never done before so that is also probably part of the hang up on these. And I need to change the thread in my machine to RED. Another hang up and make a bobbin of red too, another hang up.

The idea came from this magazine which is a Martha Stewart magazine which I got for free at my local library's magazine exchange, the premise is put one or a few in and take some for yourself - I love it and it is a great way to recycle all of my magazines I have around the house. When I am done reading the ones I took I can also return those again too - a great program.


I know this isn't the greatest picture but the hearts have pockets, which I thought was a really neat cool feature. See the person holding the pot? Neat eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I did see your bias tape thing. It's really not difficult to do. I love the mitts. They have some in the Viking Gallery at JA's and I've been wanting to do some myself.

Thanks again for coming in today and for the gift. I'll be sure to take a pic tomorrow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...