Saturday, January 12, 2008

Back to Crafts...

First off, these are the Mickey mouse pants I made last year for Ashley, however last year they were way too big and now they fit her and she enjoys wearing them, I would say they are about a size 3-T, also they come out of the wash nice, barely any wrinkles. I like that I was able to make her something with Mickey on it, considering how much Disney clothes cost. The Mickey fabric is a flannel type fabric that is holding up nicely, not too pilly. The pink fabric is a corduroy fabric, the pants are still fairly lightweight as neither fabric is particularly heavy. This was a fun project and I'd like to make her more of this type. The pattern and fabric all came from JoAnn Fabrics. The hardest part was assembling the Mickey print to the front leg, but even that isn't too hard if you do it right the first time. Mine were kinda backwards at first and then I looked at it and said something is not right and it wasn't - amazing how common sense works in sewing too.
I also made this shirt and another one like it and Ashley loves to wear this, it is a flannel heart fabric. It was one of the first things I had sewed in a long, long time, so too were the Mickey pants. In fact I hadn't sewn in such a long time that I took a beginner's class at JoAnn Fabrics. There are a lot of flaws in this piece but DD doesn't care and she loves to wear it to play in.
This is the poncho that I traded my polymer clay beads for!!!!!!! I met the lady who made this at a craft sale in Nov. and she recently came over and bought a bunch of my beads to use in her jewelry making. This was a present that my friend Ramona made for John, they are tool ornaments!!!!!! She found the plastic tools and then drilled holes in them to be able to turn them into ornaments, it was so funny when he opened these!!!!! By the way Ramona is my crafty clay friend whom is going to the Cabin Fever Clay Festival with me - can't wait!
This is me, with the Apron on that Ramona gave to me for Christmas, it has snow mittens on it and I wore it for fun tonight and A. called me "Apron" all night, she is a trip! It is really cute and fun. Another fantastic thing about this apron though is that it is from a store in our area called Craft Bits and Pieces and this store takes donations from crafters, you can donate just about any extra craft item(s) that you have lying around the house and they are happy to take them. Then they sell the items in their store and the profit goes to a good cause. Check out their website here http://www.craftbitsandpieces.com/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...