Friday, July 04, 2008

More Morgan...

My DD trying to turn the ships wheel.
OK the cool thing about this is that one of the captain's wives had this bed built special so that it would always be level!!! I did not know until this trip that the wives sometimes traveled on the whaling expeditions, which were known to go on for a long time.
Here is a pic. of the ship in the background and the whaler boat getting a whale, below are the tools to use to get the whale...
And last but not least, J. and A. sitting in a whaler boat, could you even imagine trying to kill a whale in one of these????
OK thanks for bearing with me on my Morgan photos, I just think it is so cool! I'll try to make the next post more crafty. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chuck and I went there a number of years ago... he still wears his T-Shirt of the Morgan often. I really enjoyed that trip, though I didn't go down in any of the boats - afraid I'd get stuck :)

Anonymous said...

Yah, I went to the bottom of the Morgan and couldn't stand it for more than five minutes. I HAD to get out of there, I don't know how they worked down there, I couldn't even stand up straight since the ceiling was so low.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...