Sunday, January 29, 2012

Need a Good Read????

Book Talk Time
January 2012:

The Hunger Games (Book Club Book)
Wicked Appetite (Had a head start on this in Dec.)
 
So as you can see I read The Hunger Games (Book Club Book) and LOVED it!!!! My book club had a GREAT discussion on this book, it sparked a lot of thought. I highly recommend it, there is a reason it has been on the best seller list for what seems like forever! What struck me about this book was that the author did a great job building the plot, characters and making it believeable. The believeable aspect was something I really liked about this book, since I prefer to read non-fiction. Wicked Appetite is still on my Kindle and for some reason I just haven't picked it back up. I reviewed What Got You Here, Won't Get You There and you can see my review here. I still want to read How To Make Money Using Etsy. I had it checked out but had to take it back to the library. I am going to start fresh in February and attempt my Feb. list. I'll update you again at the end of Feb. so you can see how I did.
 
I am looking forward to reading these in
February:

The Help (want to read because so many of my friends have said this is a great book!)


My book club has chosen The Madonnas of Leningrad by Debra Dean. This is a "What if all of Rochester read the same book?" book. The author is coming to town and our book club is registering to meet with her and to listen to her talk about the book.

(You can click on any of the above titles and you will be taken to Amazon.com where you can read more about each one.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...