Friday, September 26, 2008

Making Something for Moi....

I found this material at JoAnn's and it is a microsuede material, I was able to get it on sale at 30 or 40 percent off per yard. I love the material and the look. If you look in the photo below it reminds me of a Skinner Blend - a term we use in the Polymer Clay world for when colors blend into each other. I started to make a Built By Wendy shirt, since I am comfortable with that pattern I didn't want to try anything new with this nice fabric, so I will have a short sleeve fall shirt. Which would have been perfect for this first week of fall in NY. But it is not done yet the neck seem line I made the casing a bit too small for my elastic....SOOOO seem ripper here you come. I like sewing on the thicker fabric - ALOT but wasn't prepared for the neckline area. It will be interesting to see how the thicker fabric gathers at the neckline. Skinner like blend picture

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time I see you, I expect to see the new shirt...

Have you been to this shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=26025 ? There's some cute stuff there - I'm wanting to use some of the ideas there.

I have a party tomorrow where I'll be doing poly w/ some kids, so I'm going to try to do up some leaves and get them baked at the same time for that leaves class that's coming up.

I also have to talk to you in the next few days about December schedule (already!)

Anonymous said...

how did the party go?

Anonymous said...

I think this material would make a beautiful scarf and/ or vest. I imagine it over a billowy ivory or white shirt...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...