Friday, August 08, 2008

one new hand, one to go...

I have use of my hand back!!!!! I got my stitches out yesterday! She told me to not fall on it. Well I wasn't planning a fall on it. Anyway I want to get back into crafting something but I don't know what. The wrist was stabilized for two weeks and I can finally move it so it is still a bit weak right now. I can drive again too, which is soooo nice! I need to think of what craft I can do that won't kill my hand. I measured my incision with my measuring tape, it is exactly an inch and three quarters, it is on the bottom of my palm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Gee, jewelry making (101) and bandana checkers come to
mind pretty quickly. :) LMK if you want any help on Tuesday.

Doesn't that feel great when you start to have use back? Before my wrist surgery, I made it clear to the doc that knitting is my priority, and he'd better let me get back to it pronto. I would knit DURING my doc appointment, including the day they did the cortisone shot. After the surgery, I didn't mind him saying very limited typing, which meant 4 wks off of work, but I did mind the short term limits on crafting.

Do you have any PT or exercises to do? Have to wear a brace at all? I remember wanting the brace at times that I thought might be a little risky - picking and choosing the right times to use it and to protect it. I particularly wanted to protect it at night so I didn't lay on it, twist it or push up from it stupidly while I was either asleep or barely awake.

Anonymous said...

Hey Shari, How are ya? Do you have kids in B. Checkers too?

They didn't give me any exercises or PT so I guess I am doing good, they didn't say anything about typing either. No brace, but kept the ace and can wrap if I want to. May wrap for the classes, so I don't gross people out.

Anonymous said...

Yep, people in both.. only one for papercrafting though. I think we have some for the 21st as well, but I can't think that far ahead right now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...